The so called “social” properties in Mexico, which include the Ejidos, are governed by a special legislation that promotes primarily the preservation of the same only in benefit (use and enjoyment) of those people (landowners, landholders, etc.) who were originally granted with the lands that integrate them, without having direct ownership, or being able to transfer them to third parties outside the Ejido.
However, the Mexican legislation also provides mechanisms that allow the acquisition of direct ownership (privatization) of land belonging to the Ejidos and its further transfer to third parties. But this requires the participation and efforts, not only of the members of these Ejidos, but also of the agrarian authorities and multidisciplinary professionals in legal, engineering and the various dispute resolution mechanisms allowed by our legislation.
At Lozano Abazan & Associates we have the knowledge and experience to assist you in all matters related to Ejidos, including but not limited to:
- Study and analysis of ejido lands title antecedents to identify potential risks or contingencies in its acquisition.
- Notifications of first refusal rights.
- Use and exploitation contracts.
- Assignment of rights.
- Diligences related to PROCEDE (Procedures to Certify Ejido Rights) and Full Domain (ownership).
- Ejido Assemblies.
- Negotiations with ejidos.
- Agrarian Litigation.
We invite you to learn more about the Ejidos and its privatization mechanisms by means of the Article by Ms. Ana Lilia Lozano: